June has been a month of change!
1) My chapter as an English teacher has closed, & I am now training to be the Director of Education at the Sylvan Learning Center in Downtown New Bern! This is a big one. If you want to know why I'm leaving teaching and have two hours to sit and nod as I share stories and laugh & cry simultaneously, feel free to ask me out to coffee! :)
2) We became Kitten-Parents! I found a tiny black kitten next to our house and she let me scoop her up in my arms. I just about melted. Keith couldn't say no. Then we had a kitten. The dogs are taking it well, I feel.
3) The Emily Saunders Photography Facebook Page reached 500 likes, and we celebrated by giving away a free portrait session. I met an adorable family of four & got to capture their love :)
4) I sat at the feet of Lona the Tax Expert, and wrote down every word she said. Then I went home and made spreadsheets and tracked receipts and made folders. My heart flutters just thinking about my beloved spreadsheets. Such order, such beauty. *siiiigh*
5) A very generous Ron Howard gave me his studio lighting equipment! Ron stayed with us last September for a weekend while participating in Bike MS. (Ron is a prime example of how Airbnb guests can easily become friends.) He welcomed me into his home, gave me coffee, introduced me to his lovely wife, showed me around the apartment-over-the-garage that he BUILT, and walked me through how to use the equipment. I've already put it to good use! I can't say THANK YOU enough, Ron!
6) We shot Amanda & Jose's wedding, a sweet couple who I took engagement pictures for earlier this year! Since they had been in front of my lens before, everything felt natural and fluid! (Shout-Out: Susan, owner of Olivia's Catering in Kinston, has been so good to us! Thanks for everything!)
7) I have partnered with Keller Williams of New Bern and will be taking headshots of their new agents! Morgan & Cassandra were both so welcoming and kind, and I appreciate how easy they are to connect with! Today was our first round of agent headshots, and I had a great time! I love meeting new people and taking portraits!
8) For the FIRST time, we will be shooting TWO weddings in ONE weekend! Kinston, NC tomorrow night, and Duplin Country Club on Sunday! We love weddings! :)
Happy Weekend! <3
Thanks for checking out our page!